Inquisitor's Heartbeat EP
A downloadable audiogame for Windows
Inquisitor's Heartbeat is a roguelike designed for blind and sighted people alike, namely a videogame (an audiogame, actually) in which your goal is to find a safe route out of dungeons by relying on your hearing and orientation skills only.
You will find yourself in the middle of the 14th century, impersonating a man who has been found guilty of heresy by the holy Inquisition. Imprisoned in a small cell, you'll have to wield your bravery and tenacity to escape from certain doom and retrieve the forbidden tome that was taken from you.
You'll have to listen closely to the surrounding sounds in order to understand the situation you are in. There could be prisoners that want to be set free, sentinels waiting for you right behind the corner, mortal traps or even worse...
- Adventure mode with more than 40 levels, divided in 8 different sound scenarios.
- Immersive 3D audio and dynamic music bound to the gameplay situation.
- Sneak through enemies, free prisoners and find the way out in Adventure mode.
- Cutscenes and dialogues with professional voice actors.
- Arcade Mode with many levels always different procedurally generated, combats and puzzles.
- Roguelike elements: turns, grid movement, procedural maps, permadeath.
Inquisitor's Heartbeat is playable on every platform, mainly using directional arrows (or swipe on smartphone), always one step at time, toward the desired direction. You interact with the surroundings pressing space bar (or tap on smartphone) like open doors, pull trigger, picking stuff... Your main tools are your hearing and your memory in order to memorize the map of the dark scenarios you will face.
You will always move a constant distance in the desired direction, just
like on a chessboard.
It is essential to count your steps, perceive the different sounds of the ground and pay attention to sound changes. And if you bump into a wall... you are probably going the wrong way!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Also available on
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.